An online Diary for the beginning of another chapter in my life..having a child of our own.. with the hope that when we all look back at this, we will remember all the memories..both happy and sad ones for this are the things that makes our lives colourful....



25 September 2011

Week 31 - HEAVY HEAVY HEAVY HEAVY!!!!!

Phew! Week 31 and already I cant wait till the due date for a number of reasons. For one thing, I am looking forward to starting my leave and go back to Kuching on 21 Oct. Although, I do wish that my hubby can also moved there for 3 months with me! But alas, he is only going to fly back with me on 21 Oct, Friday and back to KL again on 23 Oct, Sunday. Then he will be spending lonely few weeks with his four-legged fur kid, waiting for the call to tell him to hop on the next plane immediately.

For another, I am starting to feel extremely heavy and tired especially with my legs and arms that is starting to swell. My left fingers is tingling most times but worse a I try to do something like typing. My right wrist started to feel pain like sprain since last week. Told the doctor about this during our check up appointment and he said it is pretty normal and asked me to make sure I take my calcium. He wanted to give me painkiller as well but I decline and decided to bear with the pain.

On top of that, I am constantly exhausted now especially when I do some additional activities that never bothered me before I was pregnant. For example, today we went to 1U, hubby parked at the old wing and we walked at a slightly fast phase to get to the new wing, which I think perhaps is approximately a 1km walk. By the time we are there, my heart was racing, I am feeling faint and super tired. And oh, not forgetting, sweating like crazy. Had to find a place to sit down and rest for a while before we can actually start shopping. Even then, hubby had to walk slowly at my phase! HAHA!

Oh yar, did I mentioned that the doctor said the baby weigh roughly 1.4kg only so far and I have now gained a total of 14kg! I know, I know, it is the amionic water, the 50% extra blood and water retention and lots of mothers are telling me that they gained up to 20-30kg at the end of their pregnancy. But but but but but....I feel soooooooo heavy! Sigh!

On a positive note, I think we found the baby nursery that we can put the baby. It is very near to where we are staying and will be staying when we moved. The people looks professional and the place is clean. They also know how to handle expressed breast milk. So, all the plus. But I feel it is abit pricey! RM750 per month, RM100 for registration and upon registration, they will give you a cot bedsheet and towel for the baby to use when the baby is there at the nursery. They will launder this once a week but if we want the towel to be launder everyday, then we just supply them an additional towel.

Nursery is from Monday to Friday, from 7.30am till 6.30pm and closed on public holidays. If we are going to be late, then they will charge us RM10 per hour. However, if we know we will definitely be late constantly, ie around 730pm, then we just pay additional RM100. There is no school holidays but they might close longer during festives such as Raya and CNY. If we have urgent need to put the baby there for weekend and so on (daycare only), then this can be pre-arranged and they will ask for a fee of course.

Once the baby start to take solid food, then they will charge RM240 which is paid once every 6 months. So, that divides into RM40 per month which is not bad. Also, the caregiver will try to follow our schedule as much as possible so that it is easier for the parents. For example, if the baby last feed was at 7am and feeding is roughly every 3 hours, then they will follow the next feeding at 10am, 1pm, etc. This includes nap time.

They will also try to bath the baby twice a day, ie once at around 930am and 330pm. But if the baby is still sleeping, then they will adjust accordingly. There is also activities for the baby, tummy time to strengthen the back and neck, reading time where the baby is given cloth-book and so on. They also record feeding, nap, bath, poo, wee and so on. Pretty good I guess. So, next few days I am going to call the nursery up and place the deposit to send the baby there in Feb2012 after CNY.

Anyway, I am glad that is done...was worried that we cant find someone to take care of the lil one...Then my hubby would have to be a stay at home dad :P

1 comment: