An online Diary for the beginning of another chapter in my life..having a child of our own.. with the hope that when we all look back at this, we will remember all the memories..both happy and sad ones for this are the things that makes our lives colourful....



22 June 2011

Week 17, Day 4 - Glucose Test

Went for glucose test on Saturday during my routine visit to the obgyn. Gosh, never in my mind would I ever think that I need to spend almost 3 hours at the obgyn for the glucose test. I arrived @ the hospital around 830am and was #2 on queue. Damn happy about this because I thought this will be a quick one. Turn out, 830am, the nurse register me n prick my finger to test my blood sugar level. Then makes me a tall glass of glucose drink which consist of 1/3 cup glucose! I have sweet tooth since I am preggie and love a glass or two of ice cold cordial daily but this is too much! Anyway, finished that glass and had to wait for 9.30am for 2nd blood test and 10.30am for 3rd blood test. Then, had to wait some more to wait for my turn to see the doctor. All in all, I finally leave the clinic around 11.30am.
But at least I get to see my baby at 17 weeks, the backbone, the head, hand, everything is more defined now. Still don’t know the gender yet. Guess we will know during our next check up. Doc gave a clean bill of health. Just abit diabetic and asked me to control my sugar intake. So,  guess instead of 2 class cordial per day, cutting it down to 1. Instead of 3-in-1 milo, gonna have milo kosong without sugar or sweetener. Less rice too since carb converts to sugar as well. More vege, fruits and meat (but some meat still makes me gag)…
The baby is also super active. Took the doc a few snapshoot before he can take proper scan shot of the baby to measure the size of the head to check the number of months. I am also starting to feel ache at the side of my tummy like being poke repeatedly. Tried to let the baby listen to baby music today to try but instead the poking intensified! Guess the baby didn’t like my selection of music? HAHA!

Oh and more happy news! The pharmacist called and said they found me one maternity back support from another pharmacy and the belt is with them now. Can collect anytime! YAHOO!! Hope this means bye-bye to backache!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, aunt Rose cannot wait to know it is the boy or girl! Either one, I know he or she is well loved!

    You take good care, Jen. And yes, cut down on your sugar level. Eat healthy and better just plain water instead of cordial drink. :p

    ReplyDelete