An online Diary for the beginning of another chapter in my life..having a child of our own.. with the hope that when we all look back at this, we will remember all the memories..both happy and sad ones for this are the things that makes our lives colourful....



15 June 2011

Week 16, Day 6- Part 2 - After Effect of Food

Lunch done! Meeting finished on time at 1pm for once since last week. So, instead of going out in the hot sun to search for lunch, decided to just drop at the cafeteria. Initially was planning to eat at the cafeteria but in the end, all the smell make me decided to just pack the food and go. (Yar, still have some problem with that in my 2nd trimester...sigh)

Now our cafeteria, truth be told, the food there is really not bad. There is the main con, the cafeteria operator which serve the economy rice in huge bulk. Sometimes they have something different such as briyani rice, nasi minyak, chicken rice and so forth. And they do serve mean dessert such as bubur caca, green bean porridge and so on with lots of coconut milk + sugar. DROOL! But limiting my sugar intake...soooo..no no..skip those today!

Then we have the Chinese stall (halal) serving economy rice too and chinese stirfry such as cantonese noodle, yang chow fried rice and so on. Initially, I use to eat from this stall but the food is rather bland and not imaginative at all. Standard not there lar. So, sometimes I will just take from the main con economy rice and top it with vege from the Chinese stall since I dont feel like eating masak lemak or spicy vege all the time.

Then there is the fruit stall serving fresh fruits and freshly squeeze juice of your choice. I love the mango and papaya. Also, the carrot juice is really really fresh and full of flavour. Not surprising since per cup, the put at least 2 carrots in to juicer. There is also a kueh stall which happens to do simple stir fry as well such as maggie goreng.

Recently, there is a new mamak stall and I have been a faithful follower since. Eat there at least 2-3 times per week. Not only is the food really good (they use very good curry powder I presume), its not too pricey too. I would say it is damn cheap. Take for example today lunch, I had rice+chicken curry+long bean+deep fried bittergourd+papadam, all for RM3.80 only. And I also asked the 'uncle' to help me pack RM5 worth of mutton curry for our dinner tonight. WAH! ALOT of gravy and mutton. Enough to fill 1 big soup bowl worth! If I am to buy mutton myself for RM5 and all the ingredient, I doubt I will even get half of that!

ANYWAY, I have run away from the topic that I wanted to talk about! HAHA! Food excites me alot nowadays! I wanted to say is that I am sooo full! Extremely full and since yesterday, after every meal, I am starting to have either nausea (worse than in 1st trimester) and heartburn..sigh. I guess I really need to make sure I control my portion no matter how hungry I am at the time....

No comments:

Post a Comment